Asparagus Quiche (Crustless)
If you are trying to save on your grocery dollars, here is a simple tip. Serve eggs for supper in place of meat at least once a week.
For 4 people ()
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil or canola oil
- 12 ounce(s) Ontario Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Half Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Ontario onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) milk or light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) Shredded Ontario Provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup(s) Grated Ontario Parmesan cheese
Asparagus Quiche (Crustless) Directions
- In large frypan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, red pepper, onion and garlic; stir-fry until softened, about 5 minutes. Place in greased 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir in provolone cheese and basil. Pour over vegetables; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until centre is set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving into wedges or cover and refrigerate.